Friday, May 6, 2011

Pass It Forward


The idea of this video is to show that after receiving help, the best way to pay someone back is to pass the good deed onto someone else. This relates to my project because when I help people at Our Daily Bread, I am making their lives better, so that they too can help other people farther down the road. Helping others makes them understand that they too have a responsibility to help others and this is what will make the world a better place.
One direct relationship that I see between this video and my project can be seen through one of the workers at Our Daily Bread. He shared his stories with me about how he used to be on the streets; poor and homeless. He came to another shelter similar to Our Daily Bread, looking for food and help. He got exactly what he wanted and the people there helped him build his live back together. Now, he volunteers many days of the week, not for money or for service hours, but instead to help others and pay back the blessings that were given to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment